Guidelines for Alumni Marketing
These guidelines provide direction to the Leadership Southwest (LSW) Executive Director and organization regarding LSW alumni who desire to use LSW communication avenues and active class, Board and alumni contacts to market their business or communicate details about an event/activity.
The guidelines provide for consistency and equity while preserving the mission of LSW to develop leaders and connect our communities to impact the future of Southwest Dallas County. These guidelines are separate from the sponsorship levels established for the support of class days.
- Individual must be a LSW alumni (graduated from LSW class)
- Must be active with alumni dues
- Alumni meeting above criteria will be allowed two (2) free promotions per class year (August 1 through July 31) – whether business or other organization affiliation.
- E-newsletter size ¼ page maximum, standard social media posts.
- Business or event/activity must be in the Southwest sector and have a positive impact of the community at large. There are not restrictions on the event having a cost associated or for profit in nature, but free and non-profit events/activities will receive priority consideration.
- Political campaigns and events are allowed by alumni, specifically those running for office that is elected by individuals in the area. Please keep posts informative.
- Complete the online request two weeks prior to run date. – indicating desired publication(s)/communication tools. An image may be included for e-newsletter and social media postings. https://form.jotform.com/80255600990960
- Submission will be reviewed by Executive Director and requestor will be notified of approval or denial.
- Monthly E-newsletter – approx. 400+ current members (active, Board, alumni)
- Social Media Post – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Website – Calendar posting for events, can consider alumni page ‘ad’ if desired
- E-mail Blast* - This is a $50 fee per blast. Direct exclusive e-mail to all 1,400 members. Limited to two (2) alumni blasts per month total.
In addition to the above the $30 alumni dues cover the following events:
September 20, 2017 – The Chocolate Mint Foundation – 15 Alumni
Thursday, Dec 7 at Grimaldi’s
December 20, 2017 – Healthcare Class Day
Community Service Project in partnership with Leadership Dallas – Jan 27
Website Listing in new Database