Thank you for your interest in Leadership Southwest for the 2021 program year. LSW’s mission is to promote and enhance education in civic and community affairs, and encourage volunteerism in Southwest Dallas and Northern Ellis County.Please complete this application as accurately and completely as possible. SELECTION CRITERIA:Class members are chosen by the Leadership Southwest, Inc. Selection Committee, and invited by the full Board of Directors to participate. We are looking for applicants who are both knowledgeable of Southwest Dallas and aspire to become leaders in the Southern Dallas community. Candidates:
• Must be willing to fulfill the program attendance requirements.
• Must have full support of their employers or sponsoring organization.
• Should have a demonstrated concern for their community.
• Should have a record of achievement and/or desire to achieve in community/civic activities.
• Should possess high standards of excellence, ethics and integrity.
• Will be given special consideration if they are an individual member or their employer company is a member in good standing of one of the five sponsoring chambers of commerce (Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, Glenn Heights and Inland Port Area).INSTRUCTIONS:
Please read carefully. Failure to follow instructions will prevent your application from being considered. An early-bird application fee of $25 will be assessed prior to Jun 30. Applications received after that date will be assessed a $50 fee. Fee is required to be sent with the application. Failure to include the application fee will result in the application not being given consideration.
For further information, contact Amanda Skinner, IOM, Executive Director, at 214.535.8818 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your completed application, $50 fee and two (2) Recommendation Forms must be received or postmarked by January 13, 2021. Applications will not be accepted after that postmark dateIf accepted as a participant for the Class of 2021, you will be notified by email. Tuition is due upon your acceptance into the program. Tuition must be paid by January 15, 2021 in order to participate – no exceptions.We look forward to receiving your application for participation.REQUIREMENTS (Please read ALL information carefully)SESSIONS: Every 3rd Wednesday from January 2021 through October 2021 (Dates, are subject to change for reasons as holidays, availability of session locations and/or speakers)Leadership Southwest encourages an exchange of ideas during monthly class sessions. The views and opinions expressed during the class sessions by our guest speakers, class participants, graduates, and board members are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Leadership Southwest, Inc. The make-up of each LEADERSHIP SOUTHWEST class is carefully considered to ensure membership is broad-based, representing a variety of backgrounds. The number of applications is increasing; therefore, some highly qualified applicants may not be placed the first year they apply. If that becomes the case for you, we ask you not to be discouraged and to apply for the next class.ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Class sessions are a full day, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Each participant is expected to attend every class session in its entirety.
• Unusual circumstances may require an excused absence. An unexcused absence could result in dismissal from the program. Please notify the LSW Executive Director regarding any absence.
• Late arrivals and leaving early from a class session are tracked and are accumulated toward absences. Participants who miss more than two class sessions will be dismissed from the program.
• Please check e-mail or website the day before each class session for an inclement weather notice. If in doubt, contact the Executive Director at 214.535.8818 or email@example.com. FINANCIAL OBLIGATION:
Tuition is $895.00* for chamber members$1,045.00* for non chamber membersand must be paid upon acceptance into the class.Payment is due in full by January 15, 2021. No exceptions – non-payment in full constitutes non-participation.Once classes have begun, there is no refund, full or partial.
Tuition checks are made payable to Leadership Southwest, Inc.Mail to: PO Box 2421, Cedar Hill, TX 75106.*Prices subject to increaseDEADLINE: Completed application along with the $25/$50 Non-Refundable Application Fee and Recommendation Forms must be received or postmarked by January 13, 2021.